Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Motorcycleplanet’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is , 462-464 Bowes Road, Arnos Grove London N11 1NL.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Cancellation before shipping:
You can cancel your order at any time unless it has already been packed. Once your order has been packed a collection arrangement with Parcel Force would have been made and therefore we cannot cancel at that stage.
You can refuse delivery from Parcel Force or if you take the delivery, contact us at [email protected] having your 5-digit order number at hand, and we will get the parcel collected from you. Once we receive it back you will be refunded. If you choose to send your order back yourself we will NOT be able to reimburse you for the carriage costs.
Please note we reserve the right to apply a 30% stocking fee on all special-order items if you cancel your order before shipping, these include:
- All Screens
- Luggage racks for models over 5 years old (depending on the model)
- Engine guards for models over 5 years old (depending on the model)
- Items for Piaggio, Aprilla and Moto Guzzi
If you do cancel your order before shipping, we would need this via email to confirm this, stating clearly your order number and full name.
All Givi items come with a two year warranty. We can only warranty your items if you have placed an order with Motorcycle Planet, as Givi UK require the receipt to confirm your product is within the two year warranty period. Your warranty starts upon receipt of your goods.
All claims will be dealt with via email as we require photo evidence which we can send on to Givi UK. We need clear photos, please do not send photos that are zoomed in on the issue; we need the whole item in the picture. If we do not receive clear pictures, we will ask for more to be taken, this will hold up your claim.
We will arrange shipping both ways for all warranty items, if you choose to send us the items yourself we will NOT be able to reimburse you for the cost.
Your claim item/s must be in a cardboard box, including all fittings. If this does not happen we may send the warranty item/s back to you. It is important that you return all the fittings. Yes, they are just nuts, bolts and washers etc. But if they are not the ones supplied with the kit, Givi will assume you have fitted your item using non Givi products and will reject the claim. The same goes if those small items go missing, therefore ensure these fittings are put into a sealed bag inside your cardboard box. We understand you may not have the original packaging but please try and package everything securely.
Once we have received the warranty claim item/s back, including all the fittings, we will either repair or replace. We may have to wait for stock to come in from Givi UK. This means we cannot give exact dates of when products will be returned to you as parts could be on back order.
If your claim turns out to be a repair, we will only fix the part that is on the original claim, e.g. if the claim is for a reflector that fell off only the reflector will be replaced and not the entire top box. Don’t assume you are getting a new item.
Furthermore, please make sure your order number and details are on a piece of paper inside the box containing your warranty claim item, if we do not have this information we do not know who sent it and this will hold up your claim.
We all like to receive our new toys in perfect condition but sometimes this does not happen. If you have a trip coming up, a claim for a small mark on a top box, bag or rack could stop your trip as the replacement may be on back order. Therefore please inform us, before arranging a collection, if you need your replacement for a certain date. We will always try and work something out for you.
Please note the following
- Lost keys or keys locked inside top boxes or panniers are not covered under warranty.
- Cosmetic damage is only covered within the first 24 hours of you receiving your goods.
- Some warranty claims may be rejected if Givi’s findings establish that the issue with the item is the customer’s fault i.e. over-loaded boxes causing racks to break.
- Rusted racks are not covered as this is caused by lack of cleaning. Please wash your bikes people. Unfortunately the UK has poor roads with salt on them; it eats into paint and gets stuck in locks. We do sell cleaning products to prevent this https://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/products/c1187-cleaning-products/
- Products fitted to aftermarket parts are not covered under warranty, Givi products are only designed to fit on factory built bikes.
- Givi warranty does not cover any labour costs.
- We will require your Motorcycle Planet order number and your full name to confirm the item/s you put a warranty claim in for belong to you.
- If you have purchased Givi items from us for someone else, you will have to make the claim as it is your name on the order.
Refunds on special discounted order explained
If we are refunding you for an item that was part of a multi item order; your refund amount will be calculated taken the percentage discount into account. This means you will be refunded less than the amount shown for that particular product on your order form. (as from beginning of September 2019 our discount is as follows: orders over £300 3.5%)
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without motorcycleplanet’s prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.